Sunday, August 26, 2007

Bargain Brag: FIG Finale Sale

Well, you can't say I didn't tell you! Yesterday I attended the Fashion Industry Gallery Finale Sale in Dallas which ended up being one of the best sales EVER. Apparently they have it every February and August. If you missed it and live in Dallas, don't miss it in February! If you live elsewhere, you may want to schedule a trip out to Dallas next year!


The scoop: It is primarily cash only though some of the boutiques take checks and/or credit cards. The good thing is there is an ATM available which I did take advantage of. There were two levels of clothing, shoes and accessories. Along with women's clothing, they also had some men, children, and lingerie items (though not as extensive). The sale lasted two days, but many items were marked down further on Saturday than Friday AND Saturday afternoon many of the boutiques slashed the prices even further. One ended up selling everything from $10-$50 depending on the original price. An item that was originally priced over $500 was only $50 and items that were originally under $100 were just $10! So I ended up purchasing a $395 pair of shoes for only $30!

All in all I purchased over $3000 worth of stuff for less than 10% of the cost - including 5 pairs of shoes! Below are some of the items.


Charles David Awe Sandals












Bettye Muller Black and White Polka Dot Peep-toes
















Charles David Astra Patent Leather Pumps












Cole Haan Lizeth Boots in Camel


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like it was great! I'm sorry I missed out (I live in Dallas) but I will definitely be there in Feb. Can you post some more of your finds? Thanx!

Anonymous said...

OMG!!!! I can believe I missed it! I am sooo glad I found your page you have some great finds. I will definately be there in Feb. I moved to Dallas 3 years ago and have no idea about half of what is going on here.LOL

Mommywithapurpose@blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

I am so insanely jealous of your good fortune. I wish i could have been there.