Sunday, March 30, 2008
Saturday, March 29, 2008
Tonight, Saturday, March 28 from 8:00 - 9:00 PM in your local area, turn your lights off to celebrate Earth Hour. Last year, Earth Hour was launched in Sydney to inspire people to care about global climate change. In just one year it has turned into a global movement (even Google has turned their lights off today!). . At 8:00 PM tonight all around the world, people will be turning off their lights to show they care about our country and global warming. Find out more about Earth Hour here.
I hope all my fellow divas on a dollar will observe Earth Hour!
Thursday, March 27, 2008
Red Envelope is featuring a bunch of items for up to 70% off. One of my faves on the list are these chrome candlesticks that are 58% off for $9.99. Each candlestick holds two candles. I love how they're both modern and elegant at the same time. Happy shopping!
Tuesday, March 18, 2008
Wedding season is approaching and brides are looking for the perfect bridesmaid dress and those of you attending weddings are looking for something appropriate to wear (like my friend Sweta who is going to 15 weddings this year!). This Ann Taylor Audrey Strapless dress in espresso may be the perfect option. It was originally $188 and is now only $29.88! The catch is that it is a final sale. For less than 30 bucks, it just may be worth the risk!
Saturday, March 15, 2008
Check out these fabulous dresses from Nordstrom that are all under $100!
Friday, March 14, 2008
1. Houston Divas - Beaucoup Amor is having a sidewalk sale 3/13-3/15! Located on Sage Rd. by the Galleria, Beaucoup Amor has amazing accessories (jewelry, handbags, shoes) from top European designers - many of whom you won't find anywhere else (thanks, Jones Mag!).
2. Arden B - $20 off entire dress collection. I also found these denim trousers for $79.99 (they were $118)
3. Endless.com has these Via Spiga Polly Boots for almost $50 off!
4. Dallas Divas: Accomplice West Village is having 15% off everything on Saturday, March 15!
5. Chicago Divas: Children's Sample Sale in Wicker Park on 3/15 from 10 AM - 4 PM at 1557 N. Milwaukee (betw. Honore and North Ave). If you don't live in Chicago or can't attend, check it out online at http://www.ashorsroom.com/ and use promo code = savvyshopper and password = ashor to receive an additional 20% off already reduced prices. Promo valid through . (thanks, Beta Boutique!)
6. Diva on a Dollar Insider Tip: www.gilt.com (online sample sale! Thanks, Kaneedreck!)
7. Diva on a Dollar Insider Tip: www.shopittome.com
8. Diva on a Dollar Insider Tip: www.savvycircle.com
9. Diva on a Dollar Insider Tip: www.swango.com
10. Diva Deal: Arizona (AZ) Jeans $10 Off Discount Code: AZJWM1 (until April 2)
11. Diva Deal: Shop www.lulus.com and enter the coupon code divaonadollar at check out for a cool 15% off any order! Thanks, Colleen!
12. Rami from Project Runway will be selling his line at Intermix!
Thursday, March 13, 2008
Need to relax? This Soothing Eye Pillow from Red Envelope may be the perfect solution. Packed with lavender, organic flaxseed and chamomile petals, this should calm you down from a long, stressful day. And since it's only $15.99 (was $32), at least you won't be stressing about the price.
Though I'm not sure if this is one you can heat up in the microwave (I've seen those too), it can be put in the freezer if you need to "chill out."
Tuesday, March 11, 2008
Monday, March 10, 2008
Over the weekend I ran into my friend, Raquel, who got a fabulous deal that she was excited to share with me. She recently went to a Chicagoland Macy's looking for a gown for a formal event. On a clearance rack she found this beautiful Jessica McClintock "Genvieve" gown. Apparently a bride had bought it for her bridesmaids' dress but changed her mind. As a result they had to reduce the unworn dress from $219 to $54! What a deal!
Thursday, March 06, 2008
Valentine's Day may be over, but you can show your love any day of the year with these heart shaped ramekins from Crate and Barrel for only $1.95 a piece. What a great way to serve Crème Brûlée, chocolate tortes or any other individualized dessert for your special someone.