Friday, September 08, 2006

Back from Rio!



I missed you guys! I just got back from Bahia and Rio de Janeiro, Brazil and had a great time. Unfortunately the weather did not cooperate in Rio. It was rainy and pretty chilly, but I did manage to walk on the beach and dip my feet in the ocean.

I didn't do a whole lot of shopping (can you believe it???). This was mainly because classes are starting soon and money's tight until I get my loan check later on this month :). I did, however, go to the Hippie Market in Ipanema. This is a MUST DO activity for my traveling divas who ever visit Rio over a weekend. The Hippie Market only takes place on Sundays and is a huge market consisting of a plethora of items including jewelry, sculptures, leather goods, hand-crafted furniture, glassware, beautiful oil paintings, and your standard souvenirs. I was able to find a great handmade wooden necklace and bracelet set for just 15 reais (about $7.50). I also bought two pairs of earrings for just R$5 a piece (about $2.50) - great deals!

No comments: