Monday, January 01, 2007

New Years Resolutions: Define Your Style Diva!

Happy New Year Divas! Wow, 2007 is finally here. I encourage all of you to make the most of this year. Every new years eve my best friend and I attach a theme to each upcoming year. We have called 2007 the "Year of the Come Up." Learn more about what that means here.

In light of resolution season, I am taking the time to re-define my style. Since I am a sucker for a good deal I sometimes find myself buying items just because they are on sale. Unfortunately just because something is a good deal doesn't always mean it's cute! So my resolution this year is to only buy items consistent with my personal brand. Here are some steps you can take to do the same:

1) Determine Your Personal Brand: Is there a celebrity whose style do you emulate? Are there common themes in your closet? Are there items that you see and say "that is SOOO me!"? Would you consider it romantic, sporty, haute, bohemian or something else? Think about it - you can even name your personal style diva!

2) Define and Refine Your Personal Brand: Once you have labeled your personal style, look through some current fashion magazines and cut out pictures that are consistent with your personal style. By doing this, you can visually lock in what types of concepts and pieces you should be looking for when you shop.

3) Stay True to Your Personal Brand Image: Before you purchase an item, ask yourself: "does this fit in with my personal brand?" If so, buy it! If not, put it back on the rack!

No comments: