Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Shopping Trip to NY

Last weekend I had a fun trip to New York that (of course) involved some shopping. Some people think shopping in NYC is extremely expensive. The reality is, NY is a great place for shopping at any and every price point. Here are some of the items I bought this weekend:

Guess Melton Wool Blend Coat - $99.99


I found this one at Square One store in the Manhattan Mall located on 34th St. and 6th Ave. for only $99.99 (including tax!). Though it is listed online at Nordstrom for $148, if you're going to be in NY anytime soon, it's worth checking out! What I really like about this coat is that you can have the collar open, or closed depending on how cold it is outside, or how sassy you want to be :)!

American Eagle "Fiction" Mary Janes - $19.99


A while back I did an article on the new and improved Payless. Though I hadn't had any luck in the Chicagoland stores, I figured the Manhattan stores would probably have better selection (and I was right!). I lucked upon a buy one, get one (BOGO) half off sale, and bought these shoes and a very cute hobo bag - barely over $30 for both including tax. Though these created some blisters on the back of my ankles after the first day walking around all of NY, by day two they were broken in.

Red Short Sleeved Turtle - $14.99

I couldn't find the exact shirt I bought from Forever 21 near 34th Street while I was searching online, but I did find this one that is pretty close. The difference is mine does not button in the back and it is red and black, not red and white. Regardless, it is a cute shirt that is particularly hot with a wide belt.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

You shopped in New York like a native! Go 'head Woman! I thought only us Brooklyn borns knew how to get the deals. You make me proud. Is Century 21 still downtown? I loved shopping there pre-9/11 [sniff]